Eclipse Crew is specialised application for editing and publishing Aircrew Manuals, Operating Data Manuals, Flight Reference Cards and Flight Test Schedules through Adobe FrameMaker.
The plug-in is designed with the Handling Squadron of Royal Air Force to comply with JSP(D)543 Aircrew Publication specifications, defined by the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
The plug-in allows for transformation of Crew Descriptive data modules directly from S1000D data modules from a wide range of S1000D changes. The transformation allows the concatenation of multiple data modules into a structured (parts and chapters) book, provides full ‘front matter’ and index building, translates cross-references and supports version information with change marking.
The plug-in has many unique features to aid in the preparation of Aircrew Publications for fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft, like:
- Multiple templates for book and reference card type publications for varied operating environments
- Multi-chapter and multi-part publications with annexes and supplements
- On-the-fly generation of algorithms (flow diagrams) and captions
- Automatic generation of coloured, indexed or annotated tabs
- Embedded document management (change marking, amendment annotation)
- and many more…
- To benefit from the full functionality, Eclipse S1000D is required.