ATA e-Business Forum
Driving Value Through Effective Information SharingMeet Mekon at the ATA e-Busienss Forum in Amsterdam in June. This joint ATA e-Business Forum and S1000D User Forum is the industry's premier event to learn about the latest developments in information exchange to support engineering, maintenance, materiel and flight operations, forming the most comprehensive event dedicated to information exchange standards and technologies in the global aerospace industry.
This educational forum provides a high level overview of the ATA e-Business Program and S1000D and the many specifications and industry initiatives underway to facilitate effective and efficient information sharing between trading partners. In addition to learning about the industry's most widely accepted e-business specifications (Spec 2000, S1000D, iSpec 2200, Spec 42 and Spec 2300), learn how the industry has attributed significant savings and operational efficiencies to the use of these global specifications.
Why you should attend:
- Meet the industry's leading aviation e-business experts who can help guide you through the many options and solutions for digital data exchange.
- A bustling exhibit hall where you can review the industry's latest software and hardware solutions.
- Learn about the core enabling technologies upon which many e-business standards are built (XML, SGML, PKI, RFID, etc.)
- Learn about emerging trends in information exchange technologies and their application in the aerospace industry.
- Learn how you can get involved to help shape the future direction of the industry.
We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.
S1000D is More than a PDF file, default BREX, and XML Schemas
Join Mekon's Business Rules trainer Victoria Ichizli-Bartels for her webinar: S1000D is More than a PDF file, default BREX, and XML Schemas.
In this 2-hour webinar, you will learn about the richness of information and tools S1000D is offering in its download packages, will learn what those objects are suitable for. Book your space on our webinar which will include:
● Various objects inside an S1000D download packages for different Issues of S1000D (including Issue 4.2),
● Which of the objects are highly useful, and which are less useful, for example they are covered by other more comprehensive objects,
● What bits of information inside S1000D text are great tools on their own and should often be used,
● Secrets on how information changes from one S1000D Issue to another.
Book early as spaces are limited.
28 June, 2017 – 10:00am ET / 3:00pm GMT / 4:00pm CET
Cost to attend: £100 + VAT per person
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
About the webinar
When S1000D users refer to the specification, they often refer to the PDF-file with the S1000D text. They either refer to its extensive volume or provide chapter and paragraph references when discussing one or another of its concepts.
XML Schemas are often referred to along side the default BREX (Business Rules Exchange) data module containing all mandatory regulations set up by the specification, as well as the data set for a sample project, Bike data set, are also known widely. But there’s more to the information and tools provided by the Specification, of which many users are not aware. Data Dictionary, the functionalities of which are enriched with each Issue and giving full information in a compressed and comprehensive form on each element and attribute of the S1000D Schemas and how they related to each other, is one of them.
Another tool is a template (either in MS Excel or soon also in XML format) for business rules definition. Many projects copy-paste the information on various Business Rules Decision Points (BRDP) from the PDF file into their business rules documents and are not aware that the mentioned template contains not only the BRDP numbers, titles, and definitions, as can be found in the S1000D text, but also their relationship to various concepts of S1000D, including business categories, XML Schemas, configurable attributes and other, which when used simplify and accelerate business rules definition.
Join Victoria on this webinar where she will take a look inside the specification text, and share some “hidden gems” of information, which when known and used, can:
● Provide the original and well-defined top-level introduction to the specification of roughly 150 pages corresponding to three hours read,
● Give authentic information on the benefits of using S1000D (often required by projects new to S1000D),
● Provide readme information for the core concepts of S1000D,
● Give references to the places where various subjects inside the Specification are defined.
After this webinar, you will have the information at your disposal, which is rarely given during S1000D overview training courses and which is offered only by Victoria Ichizli-Bartels in collaboration with Mekon either in frames of this short webinar or in more detail in one day course Become a Skilled S1000D Way Finder.
You will be able to use all the worth using tools and information offered by S1000D in your S1000D implementation work, which will allow you to get to know S1000D faster and accelerate its implementation.
Who should attend: All project team members who work regularly with S1000D, and especially those who are appointed to be S1000D experts and trusted points of contact to both management and technical authors/designers.
Assumed knowledge: This course will provide several reminders of S1000D basics, but it would be beneficial to have an elementary understanding of XML (including XML Schemas) and S1000D.