S1000D is More than a PDF file, default BREX, and XML Schemas
Join Mekon's Business Rules trainer Victoria Ichizli-Bartels for her webinar: S1000D is more than a PDF file, default BREX, and XML Schemas.
In this 2-hour webinar, you will learn about the richness of information and tools S1000D is offering in its download packages, and understand what those objects are suitable for. Join Victoria online where she will take a look inside the specification text, and share some “hidden gems” of information, which when known and used, can:
● Provide the original and well-defined top-level introduction to the specification of roughly 150 pages corresponding to three hours read,
● Give authentic information on the benefits of using S1000D (often required by projects new to S1000D),
● Provide readme information for the core concepts of S1000D,
● Give references to the places where various subjects inside the Specification are defined.
Who should attend: All project team members who work regularly with S1000D, and especially those who are appointed to be S1000D experts and trusted points of contact to both management and technical authors/designers.
Assumed knowledge: This course will provide several reminders of S1000D basics, but it would be beneficial to have an elementary understanding of XML (including XML Schemas) and S1000D.
Book early as spaces are limited.
28 June, 2017 – 10:00am ET / 3:00pm GMT / 4:00pm CET
Cost to attend: £100 + VAT per person
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place.
About the webinar
When S1000D users refer to the specification, they often refer to the PDF-file with the S1000D text. Users either refer to its extensive volume or provide chapter and paragraph references when discussing one or another of its concepts.
XML Schemas are often referred to along side the default BREX (Business Rules Exchange) data module containing all mandatory regulations set up by the specification, as well as the data set for a sample project, Bike data set, are also known widely. But there’s more to the information and tools provided by the Specification, of which many users are not aware. Data Dictionary, the functionalities of which are enriched with each Issue and giving full information in a compressed and comprehensive form on each element and attribute of the S1000D Schemas and how they related to each other, is one of them.
Another tool is a template (either in MS Excel or soon also in XML format) for business rules definition. Many projects copy-paste the information on various Business Rules Decision Points (BRDP) from the PDF file into their business rules documents and are not aware that the mentioned template contains not only the BRDP numbers, titles, and definitions, as can be found in the S1000D text, but also their relationship to various concepts of S1000D, including business categories, XML Schemas, configurable attributes and other, which when used simplify and accelerate business rules definition.
Our webinar will include:
● An insight into the various objects inside an S1000D download packages for different Issues of S1000D (including Issue 4.2),
● Highlighting which of these objects are useful for S1000D users in the workplace
● Discussing which bits of information inside S1000D text are great tools on their own and should often be used,
● Taking a closer look at how information changes from one S1000D Issue to another.
After this webinar, you will have the information at your disposal, which is rarely given during S1000D overview training courses and which is offered only by Victoria Ichizli-Bartels in collaboration with Mekon either in frames of this short webinar or in more detail in one day course Become a Skilled S1000D Way Finder.