Mekon have worked with several CSDB’s over the years, supporting customers to manage their S1000D content in an efficient way. Many of these CSDB’s are very sophisticated and capable, which brings complexity and a high price tag. Having spoken to many component manufacturers, where often smaller teams are managing the authoring process, we have identified the need for a lower cost, easy to deploy CSDB as they struggle to justify the large budget and complexity.
In response to this need Mekon have developed notusCSDB using a tried and tested CMS platform. This light weight system has all the functionality needed to manage your S1000D content but without the high price tag and complex setup often found with the larger systems on the market and you can be assured of high standards of support provided by Mekon’s inhouse support team.
Features of notusCSDB include:
- Multiple independent databases. Completely separate databases with their own user accounts for isolating test or training files from production files or for content that requires separation on the grounds of security.
- Separate projects within each database. All projects within a database can be accessed by all users that have access to that database, allowing for flexibility when assigning users to projects.
- Bulk import via standard S1000D Data Module Lists. Content can be loaded using a DML to specify the DMs to be added. Existing files will be imported, records with no associated files will be created as metadata records for later populating as a full Data Module.
- Related items display. Having selected a Data Module, a list of those data modules that reference it and the Data Modules and graphics which it references in turn, can be displayed.
- SNS breakdown. An Standard Numbering Scheme (SNS) can be imported so that the system breakdown can be used as a refence and a filter for Data Module listings. The SNS can be imported via a BREX Data Module that contains SNS rules or from a local XML file. The SNS can be edited once in the system.
- Work Assignment. A manager can assign Data Modules for editing to individuals or groups of users and users see only those items assigned to them.
- Data Module Review. A simplified QA process allows for two stages of review with the reviewer able to store comments with the Data Module. These comments are then available to the author when re-working the Data Module content.
- Support for all versions of S1000D. The system supports all versions of S1000D (up to Issue 4.2) and both SGML and XML. A default issue is assigned to each project but content based on other issues can be added.
We are expecting V1 of the Mekon notusCSDB to be released Q1.
To find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org