Binder can utilise FO stylesheets designed for any print standard, from the traditional Chapter/Section style publication, through to the more modular print utilized in S1000D.
Designed to be easy to use, R4i Binder users simply design the layout of their publication by dragging content from the CSDB view onto their layout view. The Book structure can then be saved to the library and a stylesheet applied to produce the PDF publication.
R4i Binder will simplify the creation of handbooks, manuals and large technical books. The benefits of using R4i Binder can be summed up as follows:
- Powerful drag and drop functionality to build your customized manuals, hand books, operating and maintenance procedures
- Direct access into the document repository, for access to only authorized and released documents
- Look History of all PDF’s and Change Packages produced (if Change Packaging module licensed)
- Pre-built and saved book layout for fast, consistent, publication creation
- No scripts, programming or development knowledge needed to publish content
- No requirement for a specific XML/SGML authoring package to use with R4i Binder
- Data can be SGML or XML, to any DTD or Schema specification
A Desktop license that allows generation of PDFs for review, without ability to formally “release” the PDF version